Codiaeum Variegatum Pictum
Fancy Pots not included
How to care for the plant:
- Codiaeum need plenty of bright light. Direct sunlight for at least a few hours a day is recommended, however avoid the scorching midday sun. They can tolerate short periods of shade, but remember: the brighter the light, the finer the foliage!
- Codiaeum need to be in damp soil at all times. They do not respond well to soil that is very wet or dry, and either will cause leaf drop. Watering your Petra with lukewarm water is recommended.
- Your Croton also needs a degree of warmth. They are happy in temperatures from 18-29°C but can cope with as low as 15°C. Avoid draughts however.
- Increased humidity levels are a must. Stand your Croton on a wet pebble tray to improve humidity or mist frequently. Does best in steamier rooms such as kitchens and bathrooms.
- Apply a balanced fertiliser once or twice a month during the growing season. Crotons like to be fed!
- Crotons are not known to be particularly fast or slow-growers. They will typically reach an ultimate height of around 1.2 metres to 1.5 metres.
- Croton sap is poisonous. Keep plants away from children and pets and take care when handling. Wear gloves and rinse immediately if the sap gets onto your skin.
- This plant filters airborne toxins and is part of our clean air plant collection.